Monday, January 12, 2009

Joshua and Working from Home!







So, before the holidays, I talked to my boss about working from home part time. I felt it was best, since Joshua was starting to get into everything, and I didn't expect my office to be baby proofed and I was starting to pull my hair out while trying to juggle my work load and keeping an eye on my little explorer, it just got to be too much! We tried it out a couple of days, but today was my actual first full day. I love it! I am able to remote in from my desk top at home into my work's server and have access to all the information, all the while, letting Joshua roam about freely in a baby proof environment. I know today was only the first day, but it worked out really well. Joshua was able to take his naps in his own crib without any interruptions and he had a blast getting into all his toys and books, which are everywhere right now, but none the less he seemed quite content and that was the goal. I really hope this works out for both mine and Joshua's sanity. I will work from home Mon- Wed. and go into the office, Thurs. and Fri. Joshua still goes to school Tues and Thurs, so he will only have to be in the office on Fridays! Today seemed to go somewhat smoothly and I was able to get a lot of work done.

No comments: