Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Change

This weekend I decided to change Joshua's room. He has had the same room and decor since he was born and I decided that it needed a big boy touch. I decided on what to do but Dan and I did the projects together. He never complains when I get these wild hairs; he just goes right along and does it ( one of the many things I love about him.) First thing was to remove Joshua's name from above his bed. In place of his name I added art work that he had done at school and home. I kept the "J" for an added effect.



The next thing was to rearrange the rest of the furniture and take some other "baby" things off the walls. We put the train table under the window to make more room when you walk in the door. The little table and chairs is in the corner.


Lastly, we took these storage bins that we got at Ikea a year ago and stacked them on top of each other. They were side by side under the window. Although I didn't change the color scheme or the curtains; the little change that we did, made a world of difference. I still need to make a few more minor changes, but overall I was pleased with the outcome! Joshua loved it and he was so excited about his "new" room! I think he liked the fact that he got to help by picking what art work he wanted to hang! We should be good for a couple more years!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad