Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kites

The Zilker Kite Festival is held every year on the 1st Sunday in March. We try to go every year, but this year we decided it would be best not to go. Joshua has been a few times but has never really flown a kite. Dan and I usually are the ones flying the kites or untangling them or climbing in trees to get kites( the tree climbing is Dan), etc. We end up chasing kids( my nieces and nephew have gone with us a few times) and not really enjoying the kite festival. We bought our kites and stayed near the house. It was a pretty day and the perfect weather for flying kites. We took the kites down to the park in our neighborhood, because it is pretty open. I didn't expect much out of Joshua because he mostly watches when there is something new, but he surprised me and really got into it. He loved it!!! He flew his kite all by himself! I think Dan enjoyed himself too, in the fact that he actually got to fly the kite instead of untangle one. Joshua picked out his kite and Dan's kite( both Lightening McQueen). I think we made the right decision by staying home and having our own little kite festival. I have posted some pictures below. Enjoy!














Milo even got to go with us.





Towards the end he was all about the playscape


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: