Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's A Zoo!!

 Above: Joshua and his friend Finn feeding the sheep
Below: Joshua with the chickens

 Above:  Joshua loved the baby goats!  This one was a twin!
Below:  Cutest boy holding the cutest goat I have ever seen!!
Joshua's little program or school that he attends had a petting zoo set up for the kids on Monday!  Joshua was extremely excited about this!  He kept asking me if there were going to be cows, horses and goats?  I told him that I didn't know what would be there, we would have to wait and see!  He told me that he thought there would be goats there for sure!  He was right!  All the animals in the petting zoo were babies!  Baby goats, bunnies, sheep, pigs, and chickens.  The chickens were older, but they were still gentle.  The kids in his class had a ball!  Joshua was not afraid at all, he was very anxious to get in there and get started petting all the animals!  This did not surprise me, because we have been to a couple of petting zoos before and he seemed very relaxed.  He was all over the place, feeding, petting and even holding a baby goat!!  The goat in the picture above was super cute and so gentle!  Joshua even got to bottle feed the goats and sheep!  I thought he would be a little nervous about that because they all came at him at once, but he just laughed and kept backing up.  I love that he is not nervous and was able to get excited about this activity.  He doesn't get excited about much, so it makes me happy when he does!!  This program has done wonders for Joshua.  I will post about that later.

No comments: