Saturday, May 11, 2013

One End to the Other

Sorry about the lack of blogging.  I usually try to blog in the evenings after the kids go to bed, but lately I have just not had it in me.  I didn';t realize it had been since March that I had put a post up.  So, on to this new post...


I have a 5 yr old son and a daughter that is 3 yrs old(that we are in the process of adopting).  It seems that God has given me two VERY different children.  I know that all kids are not a like, I just find it humorous as to who God gave me the privilege of raising.  So, I thought I would jot down some differences between the two, so I can have something to look back on one day.

My 5 yr old

*Quiet
*Timid
*Plays well by himself
*Does not necessarily want to play with others
*Social settings are not really his thing, but he is getting better
*Is all about Routine


My 3 yr old

*Loud
*outing going
*does not play well by herself
*loves to play with others for the most part
*Social butterfly after she warms up
*More go with the flow, could careless about a routine


None of these are bad qualities and it makes them who they are!  I just thought it was funny that God placed this sweet little girl with us and she could not be more opposite of our 5 yr old!

I guess it is true that opposites do attract, because they balance each other out and play very well for the most part(the sibling love/hate relationship).  God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed her with us and when he gave us our son 5 yrs ago. 




No comments: