Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Letter to My Kindergartner

Dear Joshua, as I sit here tonight on the eve of your first day of Kindergarten, I can't help but think back almost 6 years ago, holding you in my arms, just a few weeks old and thinking to myself Kindergarten seems so far away right now, but here we are!

                                These past 5 years have flown by!  I really do feel like I have blinked and now you are entering your first year of school.  I hope that your dad and I have taught you enough to feel confident with yourself, to know who you are and to stand up for what you believe in.  Your desk at school seems so big to me, but I pray it is the perfect size for you and that you become great friends with the ones that sit next to you.
 I hope that you shine brighter than the sun inside and out this year!  I pray that your sweet smile and spirit show others what a great friend you can be and are.  Your so funny and have the best spirit that spills out and takes over a room.  You brighten our day and I know you will brighten everyone's day you come in contact with.
 To be honest I am nervous for you, as a mom, I just want what is best and I wish that I could be with you the whole day.   I want to be there to protect you, to make sure that you eat your lunch and play well with your new friends.  It pains me that I can't, but I know this is one of those stages that I need to let go and let God!  He will be with you every step of the way, and I have to have faith that he will protect you like I know He will. 
It is your turn to shine, sweet boy!  I hope that you have the best first day ever and that your year is filled with fun, learning and laughter.  I pray that your dad and I did the very best we could these past 5 years and I know there are many more years to come and many more milestones to cross, but at this moment, for this year, I hope we did you right, and that you can walk in Robertson Elementary tomorrow, Aug. 26th with your head held high! We love you with all our hearts and we will be praying for you!  Mommy will shed a few tears, ok alot of tears, but I want you to know that you are my shining star and I am so very proud of you!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Happy first day, Joshua!! Can't wait to hear about it!