Monday, December 15, 2008

1 Year Check Up!!


Joshua had his one year check up today! He weighs 21lbs 3oz. and is 28 1/2 inches long. The doctor said that he can now have whole milk and can face forward in his car seat if we prefer. I am not sure about the whole milk yet, because when he was younger he always got congested on the milk formula and when I switched him to soy he would clear up. So we might just stay on Soy for awhile. She also asked me if he had been having any tantrums? Which caught me off guard. I said well he has been expressing his frustrations a lot more openly and I guess you could call them tantrums. She said that was normal and that everybody thinks it happens at two, but that it starts at one for the most part. That was an interesting fact!!! She said it was just a way of them showing their frustration and expressing themselves and at this time it can usually be handled by distracting them with something like a toy or whatever works. So the fun begins...

He got his 12 month shots which he took like a trooper. We do not go back until he is 15 months old. Joshua gave his best smile to the doctor and the nurses in the office. He was so funny! What a great kiddo!!!

1 comment:

Graham and Storey said...

That is wonderful! Cambell weighs the same amount :) haha. I am so sad that we missed his birthday party! It looks like it was a success! Love you!