Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm A Big Kid Now....

Joshua has been a very busy little boy these past couple of weeks. It still amazes me how this child can accomplish so much in such a short time. How his little accomplishments are gigantic to him and us as parents! Well, Joshua is definitely a toddler! I guess when you turn ONE, you are considered a toddler in the world. I on the other hand have a hard time looking at him as a toddler, but by what he has done over these past few weeks definitely defines the toddler stage. Bitter sweet for mommy!!! So, I guess you are curious as to what he did. Well, on Friday, Feb. 13th he took his first steps! Now everyone knows it took him until the week of his 1st birthday to crawl, so we were totally caught off guard when he decided to walk. We were so thrilled and nervous at the same time. My mom and I were just letting him walk using our hands back and forth between us and then all of the sudden he let go of my hands and went to my mom all on his own! Such excitement rang through the house! So, of course we continued to encourage him and he didn't mind, he was ready to do it over and over and over again. I was afraid that he would try and walk while we were on our cruise, but he saved it for me and daddy. What a good boy! This past week, he started feeding himself with a spoon which he actually got the hang of pretty quick. We went today and bought him some big boy shoes. Shoes for first time walkers. He got his foot measured and even got to try them out in the store and wore one of the pairs home. He also got his first haircut, well, ok a trim today. The haircut did not go as well as trying on shoes. None the less, he was a trooper and got a really cute "First Haircut" certificate and animal crackers for being a good sport. Joshua has had a very busy past couple of weeks. The kid has got to be pooped, I know mommy and daddy are. As I type this new blog entry I give thanks to God for this sweet, precious little boy! I can actually say that I have seen every one of Joshua's milestones over the past 14 months and that I am TRULY GRATEFUL! I know not everyone gets that privilege and I know that it is something that I will always cherish. I hope you enjoy the pics!



My new big boy shoes!!


My first haircut (trim)!




My first steps



Feeding myself with a spoon!





No comments: