Monday, January 18, 2010

TRY ME!

It seems for the past 4 or 5 days Joshua has worn an invisible sign that reads, "TRY ME!" To be honest it has been the most challenging few days in the 2 years that Joshua has been around. Yes, I am aware of the 2am feedings and the other trials that we have encountered, but nothing has yet to trump these past few days. It is like a totally different kid has been given to us. He is definitely trying our patience and his attitude is down right mean! I have never seen nor have I ever heard Joshua scream and cry so much. He has been throwing the KING of all tantrums. I mean full on kicking, hitting, teeth gritting, tantrums. Anything we tell him to do, he says, "No, k?" Like he is telling me, you get it mommy, that is a NO! We have tried Time out, taking toys away, no book or songs at bedtime, etc. and nothing is working. Joshua has not felt well for a few days, and I would like to contribute his attitude to that, but I don't think that is 100% the case. I think the independent, opinionated, invincible Joshua has made his debut and wants to stick around for awhile. I really wish my sweet, happy, little Joshy would come back, because I am exhausted! I thought poor Dan was going to fall over last night. He fought a long battle last night with Joshua and Joshua almost won( I said almost!) We will not give in to him when we know it is right. Yes, we choose our battles, but some battles need to be stood firm on. It was so bad last night, that Dan and I had to eat in shifts. We didn't get to sit down as a family, because Joshua was freaking out so bad. These are trying times in the Feldman household. I know this too shall pass and there are many, many battles ahead, but for now we are taking it one battle at a time and this battle has over stayed its welcome! I have posted a few pics of Joshua in his "trying" stage ...

This is his new thing. We ask him to get down and he shakes his head and says "No,K?"
This is what he does when he is done listening to you or listening at all, yep he puts his fingers in his ears!!

What came after this was pure and total meltdown mode! He was squeezing his legs to hold on to the bike. We are still working on sharing!




1 comment:

Graham and Storey said...

I'm sorry, Alicia! I believe you sweet little man is still in there! We had a rough day yesterday, too. Maybe there is something in the air... :/