Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Last Day As A Teddy Bear

Today was Joshua's last day as a Teddy Bear! He had a blast at his party today. They played in the sprinkler, ate Popsicles, and tried to catch bubbles from the bubble machine. Joshua was all about the sprinkler, of course!! The Popsicles were the biggest hit for the kiddos! When I came back at 2 to pick him up I also had to clean out his cubby of all of his things. Kind of sad, because my little boy is growing up right before my eyes and it seems to be happening so fast!! Today, kind of brought me back to the first day we walked into the Teddy Bear class. Joshua crying and plastered to my leg not wanting to let go and both teachers trying to welcome him in and me being nervous when I finally left wondering if he was going to be ok. Oh how much he has changed since that first day. He loved his class, his teachers, and friends that he made over the school year. So, today Joshua was crying but not because he didn't want me to leave, but because he didn't want to leave his classroom. It made me feel good that he was so comfortable and had so much fun that he didn't want to leave. I finally convinced him to go with a promise to watch Elmo when we got home and goldfish(he said no to that offer a few times before he finally decided that it sounded like a good deal). I am so thankful for Mrs. Pam and Mrs. Elaine, they made Joshua's first year at a "school" a success. Joshua had such a full day today, that tonight he climbed up in my lap at 8:15 and said "momma night, night" and then climbed down and walked to his room and crawled into bed. I haven't heard a peep out of him since I shut the door. It has been a good day! Now on to the next chapter in the book, being a turtle!! I have posted a few pics below of his party today!


Here is the Teddy Bear class minus a 2!
Some of the kids with Mrs. Elaine and Mrs. Pam

Mrs. Elaine, Joshua and Mrs. Pam


Bubble Fun!



Every Friday since June they have enjoyed Popsicles on the playground and since today was their "Friday" they got Popsicles




Just cute!!











Almost forgot, at the beginning of the school year Mrs. Pam said that by the end of the year one of her goals would be that she would have all these kiddos drinking out of cups with no lids or straws and would have them using good table etiquette and she accomplished that goal! Pretty impressive, I think, considering she had 14 two year olds to teach!!







No comments: