Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh The Drama




Joshua has become quite dramatic lately. He seems to think that being dramatic will allow him to get whatever he wants. Ha! He will pretend to fall or trip and then proceed to say that his leg hurts or say, "oh no! I fell down!" Clearly we see that he has done this on purpose, so we simply do one of two things, ignore him or tell him to get up; he is going to be alright. He complains about his belly hurting and when he realizes that is not working to his advantage, he will begin to complain about another body part! The boy is seriously "crying wolf!" He has a fake cry and everything. I guess you have to hand it to him, for being clever, but we have walked that road before and know it doesn't get you too far. Some of the dramatic things he has said lately are:

" Oh no, I'm freaking out! I am freaking out!"

"I need help, my leg hurts and I think I need a booboo(band-aid). (said with a whimper)

"I'm scared,hold me!" (whimper voice) Clearly there is nothing to be scared of, but I will admit, this one I cave on, because I just can't resist holding this boy! Holding him is scarce now a days!

"Shhh! Be quiet! There is a bear and it is about to eat a BIG strawberry!" (think exaggeration)

"Whoa! There goes a silly (city) bus!"

"Whew, that was close!" (as he wipes his forehead )

Joshua is so funny, but can be so serious at the same time. I love my little, drama king!!



No comments: