Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Holiday

Although there are not any pictures to prove it, we did have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. We left early Thursday morning and headed to Dallas to be with Dan's family. We have learned our lesson in the past that traveling on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is no bueno! It takes twice as long and who wants to be stuck in a car for that long? Lisa and Nic hosted thanksgiving dinner again and once again they did an outstanding job! They always have the best food! It was all so yummy!! Thanks again for having us Lisa and Nic. You guys out did yourselves again. The rest of the weekend was spent visiting with family and watching the boys play. The kids play so well together. We came home Saturday evening around dinner time. It took a little longer to get home because of traffic, I guess everyone else had the same idea. So, today (Sunday) we decorated the house and put up the tree. I absolutely love this time of year!! Below are some pictures of the day. Joshua didn't quite get in the spirit at first, but eventually he warmed up and joined in. I decided to go low key this year on the outside decorations. Dan was very grateful that he didn't have to get on the roof this year. Joshua has been asking for snow all day! I don't blame him, I would like that too, but at least it was cold, so it felt like it should this time of year!!

We just came in from being outside, he wanted gloves and a scarf.
This boy is serious about wanting some snow!


I have to brag a bit, because I think they turned out great. I, with the help of Dan, made the trees on the side of the door. The things you can do with tomato cages. I can't take credit for the idea, it was Pintrest!







Tradition! Looking up at the lights through the tree! I did the same thing as a kid. He actually remembered from last year on his own!! Love it!











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: