Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend!!

First off, I would like to wish every Mommy that reads this blog a very Happy Mother's Day!
This was my 2nd mother's day and and it was just as special as the first one! Joshua has brought me such great joy over the past year and a half. I love being a Mom! It is one of the best blessings in life. I am so thankful that I had a mother that had great values, and was strong, loving and caring! She taught me so much and I hope Joshua thinks I am as good as a mom as she was and still is too me! I love you MOM!!! My mother's day was spent hanging out with family. We had such a great day! I opened my sweet cards and present from Joshua and Dan, it was a digital photo frame...pretty awesome!! Then we went swimming in our pool this afternoon and then out to eat with my brothers, sister n law and my nieces. I ended my mother's day with reading a sweet book to Joshua called, " I Love You This Much". It is such a precious book. Joshua actually picked it out and brought it to me to read to him. He handed me the book and climbed up in my lap and snuggled close while I read him the book. I wanted to freeze that moment, because that doesn't happen that often these days. Now that he can walk and has become more independent. It was a good way to end mother's day. Below is a picture of a cute little poem and foot prints that Joshua made me for Mother's Day at his daycare. It is on our fridge and I just love looking at it and reading the poem. So sweet!

I am going backwards in our weekend, but oh well! On Saturday we went to this FABULOUS, FREE Park. I just happened to stumble upon it online, while I was looking for other fun, water places. This place is amazing. It is totally kid friendly. It is called Brushy Creek Lake Spray Park, or something like that. When we chose to go here, we had no idea what we would find. Well, we hit the jackpot! It is fenced in and has all kinds of neat spray, shower, fountains. The kids went nuts! Joshua love, love, loved it! He ran through the fountains and sprinklers with all the other kids. On top of having the water/spray park, they had a huge covered sandbox, tons of shade and tons of pavilions for picnics and such. We will definitely be going back for sure. Did I mention the best part....FREE!!!! The kids had a blast and they all slept until 8 this morning...WHOO HOO!!! I got to sleep in on Mother's Day!! Below are some pics of the water/spray park and the park in our neighborhood.




















No comments: