Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary(when we started dating)!!!!


June 4th marks the day that Dan and I started dating. Some might think that this "anniversary date" goes away after one gets married, but I feel that it is still a very important date to be recognized! For, without it we would not be able to have a wedding anniversary, or a birth date for our son(obviously). So, lets just take a trip down memory lane, shall we(don't worry I will give you the short route, not the scenic route): In the beginning of 2004, my step brother, Jason tells me that he has a guy that I should meet. He says that we would be perfect for each other. I laughed Jason off, because I really wasn't looking for a relationship at the time, because I had been burned by other relationships in the past, so I just decided to be single for a while. Well, Jason just wouldn't let it go. He kept asking me so when are you going to meet "your future husband"...ok, now just one minute, what the heck are you talking about? So, after enough hounding from Jason; I decided to go meet this guy with no intention what so ever, but to just get Jason off my back about him. Let me back up for a minute. Dan and Jason worked together at Target when we met, so they had become great friends before we were ever introduced. Ok, back to the story: Dan was still at work and Jason had made arrangements for him to come over to the house after he got off. According to Dan, he was meeting me for the same reason as I was meeting him, simply to pacify Jason. When he walked through the door and shook my hand, I instantly felt a "spark"(seriously folks I am not making this up) this "spark" had never happened to me before. I really can't even describe the feeling to you. But you who know you have the one, know what I am talking about! Oh, by the way, Dan said he felt the same thing. Like it felt right!!!! So, on June 4th we had our first date at the Olive Garden. Each day just got better from there. I must give kudos to Jason for getting us together, but my personal opinion is that we were destine to be together and Jason was the link. I believe everything happens for a reason no matter what happens! You see I have prayed for a man like Dan to come into my life and for God to let me know when it was right and meant to be. I had always done it my way when it came to relationships and it always ended in failure. But when I put it in God's hands he guided me and lead me right into the arms of Dan. Dan is so wonderful and we have traveled a long road in the 5 years that we have been together. From our first date at the Olive Garden to celebrating our son turning 18 months old on the 14th. The song that was sung at our wedding when I walked down the aisle was the story of how my relationship journey had been. It is a very meaningful song to me. I feel that it tells my journey of how I got to Dan. "God bless the broken road that led me straight to you!! I love you, Dan!





















No comments: