Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Well Deserved Father's Day Gift!

Let me start off by saying that Dan is an exceptional father! He is so patient and kind with Joshua. He steps up to the plate when it is needed and beyond. He truly loves this kiddo with everything he has. Even from the first moment that we found out we were having a boy to when he got to hold him in his arms for the first time, Dan has truly shined and lived up to "Daddy". It is cute to watch Dan and Joshua together, because Joshua will follow Dan all over the house and try to mimic whatever it is that Dan is doing. Anyone can be a father, but it takes heart, strength, dedication and true unconditional, over the top, will sacrifice everything to be a DAD! Dan is for sure a DAD in my book! I am so blessed to have Dan as my husband and for him to be Joshua's Daddy! We love you and hope enjoyed your "dada" day!!

Now to explain the title of this blog. A week ago I asked Dan what he would like for father's day and he said "nothing". OK, well, that is Dan's usual response to things, because he is such an easy going guy. So, I asked him again and he said I literally want "nothing", I don't want to do anything but hang out with you and Joshua and just have a fun and relaxing day. OK, well that was an unusual request for a present, but I was determined to give him what he wanted. So today we literally did nothing. I made blueberry muffins for breakfast and then we had lunch with my brother and then we just hung out around the pool and in the backyard. Came in and watched a few episodes of Scrubs and ate dinner(I made one of his favorites, Roast). Then Dan decided that it would be fun to take a trip to the Congress Bridge to watch the Bats fly(one of Austin's famous tourist attractions). So, we got in the car and went to the big lawn and waited for the bats. Finally the bats started to fly out from under the bridge, there were tons and tons of bats. Joshua kept saying "whoa, whoa". It was really funny to watch him and Dan; eyes glued to the sky and fingers pointing. Joshua and I had never been there before so it was a neat experience for us to share on father's day. This was a great day! Very, very relaxing and I asked Dan if his "gift" worked out and he said absolutely. He said he got just what he asked for!













HAPPY DADDY'S DAY TO DAN and to ALL THE DAD'S TODAY!!!



No comments: