Sunday, June 14, 2009

Look who is 18 Months Old!!!!


Yes, you read the title right, Joshua is 18 months old TODAY and what a big boy he is!!! We will not go to the doctor until next Monday, so I will not have any stats to give in this blog. I think Joshua weighs between 24-25lbs, if I had to guess. He is probably around 31-32 inches. Like I said these are guesses, so don't quote me. I will be able to give you the exact stats next Monday. So, what has this little guy been up to lately? Well, we are still taking swim lessons. We take our last 4 classes this week. Joshua has been practicing his T-ball skills. He goes and gets the ball, puts it on the tee and takes the bat and taps the ball off the tee. It's pretty cute! This is repeated several times before he moves on to something else. We are trying to teach him how to hold the bat with 2 hands, but for now a one handed swing gets the job done. Joshua is starting to walk/run now! When he is in a hurry(which is most of the time) he walks as fast as he can and ends up almost at a slow run. Joshua's favorite thing to do is READ!! He loves for you to read to him over and over again. He is also talking/babbling more and more each day. His latest words that have been added to his vocabulary are "pleeee"(please) "uh oh!" "whoa", and "tah-u"(thank you). Perhaps the biggest change of turning 18 months old is on Friday night we converted his crib to a toddler bed. I was a little nervous about doing it, because I was afraid that he wouldn't respond very well to the change. I was also sad, because there is truly no turning back. No more baby Joshua, he is a big boy, a toddler and that just makes me have a "mommy moment". Every mom knows what I am talking about. Tonight will be night #3 and so far so good. Joshua loves his toddler bed. In fact, he loves it so much that in the morning we can't get him out of it. I just sits there and smiles at us and points. He slept through the night both nights and never got up or tried to get out. Even nap times have been a success. Now, I am not saying that he will never get out of bed or not fight us to go to bed, but for now this is working and he is enjoying his big boy bed. I am sure some of you are thinking, "why?" Well, first off Dan and I discussed doing this around 18 months, we would have to do it sometime in the near future, and at MDO he will not be in a crib anymore, he will be on a nap mat, so it just seemed like a good time to transition. We know he will probably get up at some point and play and we know at some point he might even fall out, but that is all part of it. We have had so much fun with our little man, these past 18 months. To see what he has achieved is just mind boggling. He is such a smart, sweet, precious little boy! I love this little guy more than I can imagine. I am truly blessed to be his Mommy! Below our some pictures of his new toddler bed and some playtime. HAPPY 18 MONTHS BUDDY!











First time waking up in his big boy bed!








Last time to be in his crib!!


Last night to sleep in his crib!

This pic seems like he is too cool for the camera



















No comments: