Monday, August 31, 2009

My First Day at Preschool


My first day was pretty awesome! Mommy made me pancakes and I had grapes and milk to go with it(this would actually be my first breakfast, keep reading to see why). Then I got dressed and brushed my teeth and combed my hair. Mommy tried to get my first day of school picture with my backpack on, but I wasn't into wearing it just yet. Mommy and I walked into my new school and I was starting to get a little nervous, mommy kept saying it is going to be fun, you will have a great day with new friends, I just looked at her like, are you kidding me? When she opened the door to my new room, which by the way we are called the Teddy Bears, I kind of freaked out a little. OK, mommy had to literally pull me inside the door. I wasn't to sure about this new place. The teachers had friendly smiles on their faces and greeted me very warmly as a clung on to mommy. I didn't think it was going to be OK, until I saw a station that had a bunch of cars to play with, I then released my death grip from mommy and ran over and started playing while mommy filled out some paperwork, and talked with my teacher, Ms. Pat. After mommy said good bye, I kind of had another quick breakdown, but then it was time for my second breakfast, so I quickly got over the fact that I was crying for mommy. How great is this place that you get to eat breakfast again. Pretty cool, huh? After breakfast we have circle time, now that is a pretty cool circle, because we sing songs and read books with all sorts of other fun stuff. After circle time we have stations. Now there are a lot of stations set up with many, many things for us to do. Like cars and trucks, kitchen, arts and crafts and more. The stations rotate with new and different items every week or so. All these stations involve me learning my numbers, colors, ABC's and much more. One of my favorite parts of the day was the playground. I have never seen such fun stuff to play with! I walked through the gate and stopped and scanned the grounds and let out a big "whoa", which made my teachers laugh. I played really hard outside and was ready for lunch when we came back in. I ate all my ravioli, peas and carrots and pineapples!!! Then it was time to hit the sack. I slept on my new nap mat that I had been practicing on the week before. Good thing, because I just laid my head down and I was out until mommy came to get me. When mommy walked in the room, I was playing with my new friend, Greyson. He is about my age and we followed each other around all day. You know we are not at that playing together stage yet, so it was more side by side play, but none the less we became good friends! I didn't want to leave when mommy was ready to go, it took some coaxing, which she didn't mind, because that meant that I had a great day! My first day wasn't too bad! I really like my new friends and teachers! I had so much fun today! I can't wait for tomorrow when I can go back and see my friends and play! Here are a few pictures from today. Mommy did the best she could with trying to get some good pictures of me, but I guess I was pictured out, because I wasn't too cooperative really? In my defense I get my picture taken about a gazillion times a week, so sometimes I am just not feeling it.


Mommy, Daddy and Me on my 1st day of School


Gotta look good for my first day


This is my new backpack, it is the Wonder Pets! I picked it out myself



OK, mom enough with the pictures, can we go already, PLEASE!?


Much better..got my nap mat and backpack, I am ready to hit the road and head for school
BYE, BYE!!!!








2 comments:

Graham and Storey said...

I'm so glad it was a great day for Mr. Joshua! What a big boy!

be-dazzled! said...

What a big boy! He's going to have such fun and great new experiences! Lots of hugs and kisses, mimi