Sunday, August 2, 2009

Girls Weekend 2009

Girls Weekend was a wonderful time as always! I honestly love being with these girls. I am truly blessed to have such a close knit family that loves and wants to be together. Just love, love, love it! This girls' weekend we were missing a few and wish they could have been there to relax and girl talk with us. Now on to the events of the weekend. Friday night was when everyone arrived. We all arrived at various times starting in the late afternoon until late at night(that would be me that got in late, but only because of the torrential rain that went on and on almost our whole trip up to Dallas). It literally slowed us down to like 25 mph on a 70 mph highway. It was some serious rain, but we made it to the house safely.


Little miss Cambell came to her first girls' weekend and was all about it. In the picture below she is eating our Saturday morning breakfast, which consisted of Brenda's made from scratch pancakes and fresh fruit. When I say made from scratch I mean made to order however you like it and with all fresh ingredients, right down to the freshly smashed bananas for banana and walnut pancakes. YUMMY!

After our yummy, hearty breakfast, we all got ready to go out for a few hours of shopping. We all decided to go to the Allen Outlet Mall. So we all loaded up into 2 cars and off we went. When we got there, we all had different places that we wanted to hit, so we all decided to go to the map for direction on where to go. We all did our fair share of damage at the stores and then we were off to lunch. I will say that not one of us bought stuff for ourselves really, except at the Croc's store. We all were childless, but some how manage to keep their spirit alive, by buying items for them instead of ourselves. Funny how that works!




After a big lunch at Posados we went back home to relax. Most of us took naps while the rest of us hung out in the pool. We also made homemade ice cream, which was quite exhausting. I have never help make the homemade ice cream before, but for someone reason I don't think it usually goes down like it did this weekend. We had 2 machines going at once and 5 people mixing, pouring, running, and stirring. None the less, it got done and it was delicious! It is a fun memory that I will have!

Summer and Storey cooking!



Summer and I enjoying homemade whip cream for the ice cream! We were quite proud of ourselves for helping make the ice cream which was fabulous if I do say so myself!



This is the pool that we floated/swam in. There are not any pics of us actually in it, because I was told that wasn't allowed! You know how us girls are. We spent a couple of hours out here during the day and some of the girls got in the hot tub at night as well.


On Sunday morning we got up and we all got ready to go to church. Now let me explain something. We only had 3 bathrooms and there were 11 of us girls. Sometimes, there would be like 4 of us at once in the bathroom doing various things. So, this was quite a task. I am very proud of us, because we all were ready to go and walk out the door on time. It was fabulous. After a wonderful church service of scripture, praise and worship, we came back to the house for lunch and then our goodbyes. I always hate this part. I don't like goodbyes, but we all know that eventually it has to be done. All good things must come to an end! Us girls love our time away to get to be together. We have already planned and marked our calendars for next years girls' weekend 2010. Can't wait!
So, on our way home from my wonderful girls' weekend we stopped to get gas and when we got back in the car to continue south to Austin this happened.
that's right my friends, the battery died! Dead, gone, no juice! Of course we didn't have any jumpers cables so, we started asking around if anyone had any. No one at that gas station had any jumper cables, and there were alot of people filling up their tanks . So, luckily this hole in the wall gas station had a tiny auto section in it and Dan was able to buy some cables, now all we needed was some to say "yes" to jumping the car. Fortunately for us, the first person we asked said "yes" and we were able to get "juice" to the battery and go. When we finally made it home Dan took the car to Auto Zone and they tested the battery and found that it needed to be replaced. So, the final closing to girls' weekend was a new battery. Now I am off to bed to get "juiced up" myself for the start of a new work week! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I KNOW I DID!!!! I LOVE YOU WILKES FAMILY GIRLS!!!! YOU ROCK!








1 comment:

Graham and Storey said...

First of all, props on the speedy posting! Second, I'm so sorry about your battery drama! What a mess! We miss you already!