Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks!

On Wednesday evening, we loaded up the car and headed to Dallas to be with Dan's family for Thanksgiving. We started the drive pretty well, cruising right along listening to the radio and singing and talking about our day when we came to a complete stop. Not a complete stop as in a traffic light, but as in TRAFFIC! Now, I don't know why we do this every year, we know there is going to be traffic and we know we are going to sit for hours on end going nowhere, but for some reason we decided to leave after work again this year only to sit in what could only be described as a parking lot on I-35. All you could see for miles was red lights(brakes). If sitting wasn't bad enough, you throw a whining dog and an uneasy 2 year old in the mix and you got yourself a wonderful 6 hour(should have only taken 3) trip of a lifetime. We did eventually stop to stretch once we reached Waco, but it was a brutal trip and I am THANKFUL that we made it to our destination without any problems. On Turkey day, we hung out at Dan's mom's house in the morning and then in the afternoon we went over to Dan's sister, Lisa's house for dinner. Lisa and Nic hosted Thanksgiving again this year and they did a marvelous job once again. Everything was fabulous and it was fun to get to enjoy each other's company. I am THANKFUL for the Miller's and their great hospitality and cooking, so that we could enjoy a great Thanksgiving. Throughout the 4 days that we were there, we were able to see and visit with almost all of Dan's family and it was wonderful. His grandparents, dad, aunt and uncle all came down from Nebraska and we even got a surprise guest for Thanksgiving...Uncle Eric and his girlfriend Sara flew in from New York...it was top secret and they did a great job keeping it. We had just seen Eric the week before and he said he wasn't going to be able to make it for Thanksgiving, so when he knocked on the door it was a total surprise! We all hung out and visited with one another and Joshua and Kaden had a great time playing blocks and reading books, and chatting with each other. On Saturday, I went over to my cousin's house to watch Aubrey for Brittney and Jeff while they went with my family to see the Baylor vs Tech game. I am THANKFUL that I got to spend some quality time with Aubrey and have some "me" time(you don't really get that being the mother of a toddler). Aubrey is about 6 weeks old and she is super precious and such a sweet baby! I was able to spend some quality time with Brittney and Jeff so that made my short time with them so much sweeter. Dan came and picked me up early this morning and we made it to our house around 11am. We have been busy bees every since we got home, but that is for another post. I am exhausted so I will post about decorating for Christmas and trimming the tree in the next post. I have so much to be THANKFUL for and I could spend a great deal of time listing all the things I am THANKFUL for. The Lord has blessed me over and over again, and for that I am truly grateful. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I have posted some pictures from over the holiday, they are not in any particular order (remember I am exhausted...lol). Check back for some more NEW post later this week.


















































No comments: