Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas on Cainan

We are back from a wonderful Christmas on Cainan(that is what we call my grandparent's place). We had a wonderful 4 days visiting and relaxing and spending time together. This Christmas was a little bit different, we normally have a large crowd at my grandparent's but this year it was it was small and simple. It was nice! Don't get me wrong I LOVE my family and everyone in it, but I didn't know what to expect without everyone there, and it turned out to be great! Joshua had a great time being the center of attention! He is such a sweet little boy and he enjoyed being on Cainan! Joshua got to experience some new things while at Cainan other than his first Christmas to really be involved(which he wasn't so much come to think of it, maybe it was everyone taking pictures of him at 645am on Christmas morning, I am not sure....LOL!) Any who, he got to experience his first encounter with cows, like up close and personal(this one cow let us pet her), he also got to go fishing with daddy and Papa Joe. He loved to touch the fish but wasn't willing to wait for the fish to be caught(imagine that!). He also walked all the way up to the top of Dedication Hill, without any help from any of us. We kept asking if he wanted a piggyback ride or us to carry him and he would reply "No" and push our hands away. Anybody in my family knows how long and steep some parts of this hill can get, so we were all pretty impressed with this accomplishment. For those who don't, it is about 1/4 mile hike up a hill and towards the end it gets pretty steep. He was a tough little boy! He also got to experience the traditional Christmas eve service that we go to as a family to my grandparent's church and the traditional bible story reading about how Jesus was born and came to earth on Christmas day. This was a pretty awesome Christmas I must say! I missed all my other family members as well, but I know they were making memories of their own. I am glad we got to spend this Christmas out on Cainan away from all the hustle and bustle! I have highlighted our 4 day Christmas holiday with pictures, once again too many to post so here are a few. Enjoy!


Joshua on Christmas morning, the look says it all!

Going to church on Christmas Eve...he loved the singing!

Poppy reading "Twas the night before Christmas"


Christmas morning!!



Papa Joe, Daddy and Joshua Fishing


Joshua saying "Hi" to the cows....



The Family on Christmas Eve


Cows Up Close!



This is the walk up Dedication Hill



We played ALOT of Mexican train!



Getting out of the house for a bit...it was really cold!



We also did a lot of this...Sleeping!




Joshua spent some time looking out the window at the land, it was so cold that we had to take breaks and come inside so we could "thaw out"



No comments: