Thursday, July 22, 2010

KinderTots

I have been looking to find a tumbling/movement type class for Joshua to be a part of for a while now. The places like Gymboree and My Gym are just way too expensive, so when I was signing Joshua up for swim lessons, I browsed at the other classes that the recreation center offers and came across a class called KinderTots. The description seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for and the price was very reasonable, so I signed Joshua up. The class runs for 5 Thursdays and is from 530 to 600 in the evening. I am never sure how Joshua is going to respond in these situations, but our first class was last Thursday and he LOVED it! They basically do a lot of dancing, tumbling and other fun moves. This class is small(just 5 kids and 1 teacher) and is just for 2 year olds! Tonight, was his second class and Dan was able to join us for this one and he got to see how much Joshua enjoys the class and was able to take some pictures. Joshua walked into the class tonight like he owned the place and was very cooperative and listened to the instructor. When the music would stop, Joshua would say, "shh, listen, what next?" he would also tell the other kids in the class "good job!" after they finished their jumps or dance moves. I wish this class was more than just 5 classes. Our city recreation center has a lot to offer little ones, so I know I will be able to find other fun classes in the future. This class is perfect for him and it helps him get his "wiggles" out! It makes me smile to see him having such a great time!

Ready for KinderTots!
March, march, march!

Loving the parachute activity!


Helping make waves with the parachute!



Jumping on the number bubbles!



Parachute was his favorite!



Yes, that is my son in the center of the circle...showing them how the "teapot" is done!


The instructor said that while it is meant for the toddler's themselves, it always turns into a "mommy and me" class, because the little ones are so shy! Obviously, not my kid! I don't mind it, because it is a great way to get in a 30 minute workout!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,
I'm looking for a similar thing for my daughter - would you mind letting me know where the program is in Dallas? Would love to check it out!