Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lately!

Below are pictures from various things we have been up to lately and is the reason to why my blog posts have been short and sweet or not at all. So, I will give you the run down of what we have been up to and hope I can remember everything. This post might be a little long, but if you keep reading you will find tons of pictures waiting at the end. OK, here we go! After our week long trip with my mom and family to San Antonio, we came home and started swim lessons, which turned out to be kind of a repeat from the summers before, but it was still a good refresher course for Joshua. Then in the middle of swim lessons Joshua ran a high fever and had a slight ear infection which lead to us not being able to complete swim lessons because the 2nd week was all about going under water and holding your breath. I didn't think that would be a wise decision because of the ear infection, but he already was going under and holding his breath on vacation, so I didn't think he was missing out. Come to find out they had to cancel a couple of days of swim lessons due to all the rain and storms we had, so we actually received some credit back on our account. Then there was the fourth of July where we just hung out because Joshua was still not feeling well and then my mom was going to take him for a week to Dallas, but that feel through, due to Joshua still feeling lousy and clingy, so my mom ended up staying with us for the week. It was fun to have her here! She was able to keep Joshua during the day while Dan and I went to work and they had such great time. He had a few "mommy/daddy" moments but over all she said he did great and they had fun. All of that brings us to this weekend (July 9-11). My mom left and Dan, Joshua and I were supposed to meet my dad and step mom in New Braunfuels for my Dad's birthday weekend, but Dan got sick(I think he had what Joshua had a few weeks ago and then what I had. Just a really nasty cold). I really wanted to go see my Dad, because I hadn't seem him since May, so I asked Dan if it was cool that Joshua and I went while he stayed home and rested and got well. He told me to go ahead and go, because all he was going to do was lay around and rest(yes, he felt that bad). So, now here comes the fun part to this blog, traveling with a 2 year old and doing it by myself. I know parents travel all the time by themselves with kids, but I wasn't going to be staying with my dad and step mom, I was going to be at a hotel by myself with Joshua and that made me a little anxious. My dad and step mom had already made reservation for their bed and breakfast a long time ago and since we decided on a whim to do this we had to stay in a different hotel (it wasn't too far down the road). So, Joshua and I loaded up Friday after work and headed down. I am glad that the drive was only 1 hr. 15 mins and it was basically a straight shot down I-35. We made it there in time to have supper with them Friday night and then we checked into the hotel and began what I like to call a Mommy and Son mini vacay! It was interesting and sometimes testing, but overall Joshua did great and I am confident that I could do it again. I was sad Dan couldn't make it, but he was glad I went, because he said he wouldn't have been up to do anything. While on our mini vacay, we visited the river, rode a train, ate at several yummy restaurants and visited a little town called Gruene! This town is so small, but so quaint and cute. It has tons of shops and things to do there. Joshua's favorite things to do this weekend was riding the train, trying to catch minnows in the river, the elevator in the hotel and the vending machine. When he saw all the things in the vending machine, he would say, "Wow, momma look at that!" So, naturally I had to show him how it worked and he thought that was even more spectacular. The easiest things entertain my son. To be honest he hasn't stayed in a hotel since he was about 7 months old, so all of this was very, very new to him and he dug it! We loaded up on Sunday and headed home. It was great to see Dan when we got home and he was feeling alot better. I told Dan that we needed to go back for a get away weekend or something, because there was so much to do there. I have to pat myself on the back, because I was pretty anxious about driving and staying in a hotel all by myself with a 2 year old, but I overcame that and we had a great time and I was glad I went. Joshua had fun too minus the one huge tantrum in the middle of the parking lot, but he was hot, tired and hungry so it was bound to happen. So below, as promised are pictures of the past few weeks.


Joshua on the square in Gruene, Texas

Rib Time!






Oldest Dance hall! It doesn't have air conditioning. Just screened windows and Joshua loved listening and dancing to the music.




Cute kid on the river!




Some fireworks from the 4th of July!






Grandpa and Joshua waiting for the train!






Making faces! He was using the bucket to try and catch minnows!



At the hotel!






No comments: