Friday, January 21, 2011

His 28th Year


On Thursday(1-20), my fabulous husband turned 28! While he said it was just another day, I was determined to prove him wrong. So, I sent him different texts throughout the day about how much I loved him and what a great daddy he was and of course poked fun about him being 2 yrs away from 30(payback, he did it to me!) Joshua and I went to the store to get a few last ingredients for the birthday meal and when I told Joshua that it was Daddy's birthday, he insisted that he have balloons and candles. So I let Joshua pick out the balloons and we bought some candles, plates and napkins. The night before I had made his birthday cheesecake, which is his favorite and what he always has requested since we have been together. His birthday dinner is usually roast, but he decided to get creative and asked for Chicken Scallopini! It was a great birthday meal! Then it was time for cheesecake. Joshua was super excited about this part, because he knew there were candles and singing. We lit the candles and sang "Happy Birthday" and then Dan and Joshua together blew out the candles! He opened up all his cards from friends and family and then he opened his gift from Joshua. Dan has been saving up for a grill and not just any grill, a "MANLY" grill. He has been researching grills and what he wants them to have, etc. He has saved all his money/gift cards from Hanukkah, Christmas, and now his birthday for the grill of all grills! So I thought it would be a fabulous idea to give him an important accessory to go with his grill. Earlier in the week Joshua and I did a painting project. I found a black apron and I thought it would be neat to have Joshua put his hand prints all over it and then I write: "The Best, Hands Down..." and then he could where it when he grilled! I thought it was a cute and memorable idea. Well, Joshua was all about painting his hands. He kept painting them over and over and knew exactly what to do with his hands when he had painted them, smash them on the apron and press down with his other hand(you think they do that at school?!). Anyway, when Dan opened it up Joshua started showing him all his hand prints and telling him what colors they were. It was really cute and of course I made Dan put it on to take a picture. I hope Dan had a great birthday, because I had fun trying to make his day special. We didn't do anything elaborate, but we still had a great time celebrating his birthday!! He is the best, super fantastic, 28 year old Daddy and husband anyone could ask for! I am thankful for every year that I get to spend with him, each year gets sweeter and sweeter!!!



You think Joshua picked these out for him?...lol Dan you are a good sport!!










Of course Joshua had to try it on next!

HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY BABE!! WE LOVE YOU!!





No comments: