Thursday, July 30, 2009

Single Parent Update

The past week without Dan has been different (obviously). Joshua and I are missing him terribly and even though we have skyped every night, it still isn't the same! We are so ready to see him tomorrow! I am totally worn out from this week and admire all the single parents out there in the world! You guys are amazing!! I have enjoyed my week long mommy and me time, but to be honest; a girl's gotta have a break somewhere! While Daddy has been out of town working hard, Joshua and I have done a few things of our own which include, but aren't limited too:


Making homemade Popsicles! OK, fellow bloggers and blog readers, this has got to be the easiest and healthiest thing to do for your kids. I found the Popsicle containers at Target and I just filled them up with whatever flavor he likes, I have used apple juice and even added fresh fruit to the water. His favorite all is the lemonade pops! I took a lemon and squeezed the juice in the container and then added water and a pinch of sugar. Simple, easy and he loves them!
A haircut, which included a special spot in an airplane chair! He was a little scared at first, but the airplane wheel that turned slowly distracted him from the lady with the scissors. After it was all over, he didn't want to leave the chair...kids! Look how handsome he is!

He got a lollipop for being such a great customer! Yummy grape!

We also had a few of these, well Joshua did anyway. This is Joshua in the middle of a tantrum. Luckily he gets over these tantrums fast, but when he is having one he completely shuts down. We usually just let him work it out himself. Dan and I do not cater to tantrums. It is all part of the stage that we are in so I had to include it, because we at least have one of these a day...LOL
Like I said before this week could have been a lot worse. Thankfully Joshua is such a great kid and is very easy going. Tonight, I will be packing us up for a nice road trip to Dallas. Tomorrow evening we will leave for Dallas. Dan and Joshua will be going to stay with Dan's family for the weekend, while I will be going to a much needed Girl's Weekend!!! Oh yeah!!! I am super excited about this! Every year the girls of my family try get together just to hang out! NO BOYS ALLOWED!!! We eat, talk, go shopping, eat, hang out, eat...you know girl stuff! This year it is at my Aunt Kim's and Uncle Gene's house and I can't wait to see everyone! We always have so much fun when we get together. I love MY family!! I am so glad for Dan to be home tomorrow and for him to get to see his little man and I know we are READY to see him as well!





























































1 comment:

Junarakasa said...

Hi. I stumbled across your blog and just wanted to say you have a very cute baby boy (well, maybe not so baby anymore). I enjoyed your entry about being a "single" parent and think you are doing a great job! have a great day!