Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Italian Night in Round Rock

Over time in my many grocery shopping trips, I have noticed that the ethnic sections are growing more and more and the foods are getting more and more accessible to make at home. So, after my last shopping trip I came home and told Dan that I would like to try and make a true authentic ethnic meal once a month. I will let him do the choosing and I will do the cooking or try to do the cooking. So, this Saturday was the day and Dan had chosen Italian. So, I sat down and made out my list. I even did a little research on Italian food so I could get it as close as I could. Here was the menu: Homemade Lasagna, Italian bread, steamed veggies, and a walnut cake along with a red wine to drink. I even decorated the table to make it look like an Italian mealtime. I was in the kitchen for about 4 plus hours, but it was fun and I didn't mind it, because it is just once a month and it kind of turned into a date night and we didn't even have to leave our house. It was a great time and the food turn out really good. Everything was wonderful. We had a great meal and we ate our dessert after Joshua went to bed while we watched a movie! It was a perfect night!! I have posted pictures of the evening meal below!

Joshua enjoying the bread!
Waiting for dinner

Cheers!


The table setting



The cook with the spread!




This is how we all felt after we ate dinner!




Check Below for Another Post!!!








1 comment:

Graham and Storey said...

I'm impressed and inspired, Alicia! Also... I am not ignoring your tag... it's coming, I promise :)