Monday, March 29, 2010

Rodeos, and Parks, and Egg Hunts...Oh My!!

So are weekend was filled with fun and excitement from Friday to Sunday! We had a really great weekend and the weather could not have been more perfect! Friday afternoon we decided to hit the Austin Rodeo! It was so much fun and Joshua loved the petting zoo and the pony rides! He could have stayed on those ponies forever(if only we had the tokens to last forever). He did get to ride the ponies twice though, so that made him happy. He was too little to ride some of the other kiddie rides in the carnival area, so we just hung out in Kidstown and ate fair food. It was so yummy! We ended our evening with a funnel cake and left just about the time it was starting to get crowded, so it was perfect timing! On Saturday, we woke up and went to a farmer's market that I had heard about and shopped around there and then I dropped the boys back off at the house and finished the rest of the grocery shopping, then Saturday was our Italian night(which I already posted about in another post). Then on Sunday afternoon we went to a city wide Easter Egg Hunt. Now, I have never been to one of these but I thought it would be fun for Joshua and my nieces, so we all piled in the car and took off. The egg hunt was organized chaos(best way to describe it). They had divided the egg hunt into age groups and the mayor of the city came around and started the hunt at each age group. My nieces seemed to have a good time, but my heart sank when we reached Joshua's age group and they were almost done. I was sad, but I was also glad that Joshua is still at the age where he doesn't care and I don't have to mend his broken heart yet and explain why we missed his egg hunt! He was able to find some candy and half of a couple of eggs, which he promptly put in his basket. He was so excited when he found the "goodies" and was laughing and smiling the whole time. Joshua had a great time and that is all that matters! It was a fun but busy weekend!!! I need a nap just typing it all out! I have said it before, but it is weekends like these that I would love to FREEZE! I have posted pictures below of our fun and exciting weekend!!!



























































No comments: