Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Celebration of Grammy!!

On Mother's Day weekend we took a little trip to the big city of Grapeland, to celebrate one very special Mother! My mom decided to throw a party for my grandmother and have the whole weekend be about her and what better weekend to do so than on Mother's Day Weekend! So, my mom coordinated everything and all her sisters and brother helped throw one big party! All 5 of her kids were their with spouses, 7 out of 9 grand kids were there with their spouses and 8 out of 11 great-grand kids were there to help celebrate! I think we counted around 30 people at one point! It was such a fun, celebratory weekend. The weekend started off bright and early on Saturday with a round of Cajun golf. There was also a bubble blowing party, a nature walk, a truck ride to see the cows and much much more. We had Saturday night's dinner catered and my mom had decorated the garage with gerber daisies and white table cloths. It was so sweet! We all took turns after dinner sharing memories and fun times with my grandmother. She had a fabulous time! We all went to church on Sunday as a family and boy did we fill up the pews and the nursery! It was great to spend Mother's Day with my mom and my grand-mother, two people that I cherish the most and look up to the most in my life and I was able to be with them! We all went our separate ways after lunch, but I know that everyone had a wonderful time helping celebrate such a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother! Words can't describe how proud I am to be apart of her and my grandfather's legacy! My Grammy is so wise and loving and fun! She will do anything for anybody and go out of her way to help! She is also the most God fearing woman I have ever met and for that I am truly grateful! I know my grandmother is not perfect and she would not claim to be, but I think she is pretty darn close! I am so glad that we had this wonderful weekend to honor her for all she has done for us. We are truly blessed! I have posted pictures from the weekend below!

My grandmother!!
Bubbles, Bubbles, Everywhere!


This was the spread for Sat. Dinner! It was alot of food, but there was a lot of people!


The kiddos visiting Sugar


Joshua is 110% Boy!!!



The garage turned Dining Room


It took 2 trucks to carry all of us to see the cows!




Doing a little fishing before supper



Just a cute picture of the Feldman Family



Cajun Golf Tournament!


Another picture of how much fun Joshua had! We had to scrub him 3 times to get all the dirt off!



Nature walk with Papa Joe


Granbee and Joshua climbing stairs(one of Joshua's favorite things)



I wanted to throw in a little blurb about my Mom! My mom has sacrificed so much for me and her family! She is such a loving, caring individual. She too will go out of her way to do anything she can to help out. Every time I need to talk she is there to listen and always seems to have a positive attitude no matter what. I am glad God chose her to be my mom, because I don't think there is anyone else that would be able to match her. She is truly an amazing woman and I am proud to call her my mom! She is an awesome wife, mother and grandmother and always, always, thinks of others before herself! I love you mom! YOU ROCK!!!












No comments: