Friday, April 30, 2010

It's that Time of Year

It's SNOW CONE time!!! I love snow cones, there is just something about that flavorful, sugary, shaved ice that just makes the summer more inviting! Joshua has never had a snow cone before and when I go pick him up from school I always past by this snow cone stand and think, I should take Joshua there one afternoon. Well, today was the day! I was so excited for him to try this cool, sugary goodness! When we got to the stand I ordered him a kiddie size and asked him what color he wanted (big mistake) of course he started naming every color he knew, so I suggested he get rainbow and he agreed and said, "ainbow". You really can't go wrong with "ainbow", it has every color! So we watched the nice lady shave the ice and add all the bright colors and then we grabbed some napkins, OK I grabbed a lot of napkins and sat down at the benches outside the stand. Joshua immediately dove in. He loved everything about it! I wanted to get a picture of him smiling, but he was so into the snow cone that he would not lift his head up, except to comment on the cars that were going by. Towards the end of the snow cone he had to transition from a spoon to a straw due to all the melting that was going on. He ate about 3/4 of it before he said he was all done! I think Joshua enjoyed his first snow cone experience. I know there will be many more to enjoy this summer!!!












No comments: