Monday, July 25, 2011

Just a Recap!

Sorry no pictures with this post! Just wanted to give a little recap of our weekend. On Saturday we went to my co-worker's house so Joshua and her grandson, Cormyc could have a swim playdate. She has a pool and has been asking if Joshua could come over and swim. Joshua and Cormyc had so much fun swimming. Cormyc was the dare devil and Joshua was the boss. Joshua would tell Cormyc where and how to jump in the water and Cormyc would do it. They both didn't seem to mind the roles that they were playing, so we left it alone. Joshua surprised me, because he seemed to be a little clingy to me and didn't want to do much in the water. The boy loves water, so I don't know what it was about that pool that made it so intimidating. He did not want to go under, and he did not want to slide down the slide. He wanted to hang on my hip and tell Cormyc what to do. Ha! None the less they had fun and we came home after two hours of swimming to take naps, but that is not what happened. Joshua did not take a nap, but he did really well later that evening(to our surprise). That night we had a family movie night. We had caught the tail end of Toy Story on the Disney channel earlier in the day and I saw that Toy Story 2 would be on later that night, so we decided we would watch it. We made chicken nachos and popcorn. Joshua loved the movie and ate mostly popcorn. It was a great end to our Saturday. On Sunday, Joshua slept until 8! Nice little treat for momma and daddy, I must say. I went to the grocery store while Joshua and Dan hung out and played. Then we met Aunt Lisa and Uncle Nic for lunch. They were coming back from a wedding in San Antonio and asked if we wanted to meet them, and of course we said yes. We have not seen them in a while so it was good to have lunch and catch up. After lunch they headed home and we went to Barnes and Nobles so I could get a book, that I have been searching for(which I found). We came home thinking Joshua would take a nap, to which he decided he didn't really need one again. You never know with that boy. The times you think he will take a nap he doesn't and the times you don't think he will he does. Anyway, we hung around the rest of the evening and grilled out for dinner. It was a nice, relaxing weekend. We have not had to many busy weekends, thus far, and it has been kind of nice.

Once again, I apologize for the lack of pictures in this blog. I haven't really been taking any lately, but I will post some on my next post for sure!!

No comments: