Monday, July 18, 2011

No-Sew Blanket

Joshua has been using a Thomas the Tank Engine beach towel for his "covers" when he gets cold or just wants to snuggle. It was kind of cute until, my mother guilt(if that is what you want to call it) set in and I was determined to find him a "Thomas Blanket." A little friend in his class had a really nice, soft, cuddly one at school, but when I asked his dad where they purchased it, he said it was a gift, so he didn't know. Still determined to get this kid a blanket, I had looked online to see about purchasing one, but they were way too expensive. I thought maybe I can make one. So, with my wonderful Google capabilities I stumbled upon a site for No-Sew blankets. My first thought was how is that possible, but as I continued to read the instructions my "how is that possible" turned into "I can totally do this." So, I went and purchased the fabric and a pair of fabric scissors and in about 2 hours I had created this:

I measured a little over what I needed, so it is GIANT, but it works and it was easy! Basically you are just connecting two pieces of fabric together by tying the strips on the edge in knots. The fringe around the blanket is actually the ties. Like, I said it was super easy! I am so excited that I learned something like this! I love to try new things and this is right up my alley. I am very impatient, so using a sewing machine was out, well, and the fact that I don't actually own a sewing machine and anything that is going to take years to make is out too. So this little project was perfect. I really don't have a lot of patients when it comes to, well pretty much anything. Haha!



Here is Joshua enjoying his very large Thomas Blanket! He loves it and it is the perfect place to hide under during a game of hide and seek or peek-a-boo!!!




No comments: