Thursday, July 21, 2011

Potty Training Is A Nightmare!!

The sleeping angel above is still potty training! Despite what I have mentioned in previous post, he is NOT fully potty trained like I thought. We had a minor set back a couple of weeks ago. Dan and I decided to just start back from the beginning like we did back in January. So everytime he tee tee's in the potty he gets 4 m&ms. It is seems to work! Here is the confusing part, he goes without a fuss at school. Has minimal accidents and is happy to go by himself. When he is at home, it is a totally different story. I resorted to facebook for other advice from parents and everyone had pretty much the same idea...reward system(which is what we were already doing). Some said that what clicked for their kiddos was putting them in underwear/panties at night and with a couple of times of being uncomfortable and wet at night, they clicked and got it and never had problems during the day or night. Dan and I thought what do we have to loose, we have tried everything else. So, we ditched the pull-ups as of last Saturday night and went straight for underwear! Only once, has he gotten up and said that "he was all wet" every other time it doesn't seem to phase him. I know that every child is different and they all eventually get it, but man I am so tired of watching the clock, fighting with Joshua to go to the bathroom and then washing loads and loads of underwear and sheets!! I know this is selfish, but it's the truth!! He has been doing well, this week, and when he doesn't ask for the m&ms we do not give him any. We have also started waking him up before we go to bed to potty, hoping that will help him not "drown" at night...lol! This is probably one of the most difficult and frustrating milestones yet!! I just wanted the world to feel my pain, which if you have ever potty trained, you do!!



No comments: