Monday, August 22, 2011

2011-2012 School Year

So, Monday was Joshua's first day of the new school year at My Friends House CDC. We had a really rough morning to start off the new school year! Joshua was very reluctant to get out of bed. He was extremely tired and kept saying, "I just want to sleep!" Me too buddy, me too! Well, everything was followed by tears! There were no smiles this morning what so ever! Getting dressed produced big crocodile tears, brushing his teeth also produced tears, even putting Milo up brought tears! We even had an accident right before we were heading out the door. UGH! Needless to say I had to turn around and completely change him, with him, you guess it, crying the whole time. This is not how I pictured this morning going, but that is how it went down! When we finally made it to school, he seemed to be a little better. When we walked to the classroom he froze in front of the door. He wouldn't even budge!! Here is the reason why, he is in the same classroom this year, because he is not completely potty trained, and the school doesn't think he is socially ready yet. I don't necessarily agree with the "not socially ready" part, but the potty training I get! Anyway, his old teacher left and his friends he made moved up to the 4 yr old class. So, you can kind of imagine what Joshua was thinking and why he stopped abruptly at the door. He was probably confused! Same classroom, but different teacher and different kids. I eventually got him to go inside the classroom and tried to encourage him that he is going to have a great time with his new teacher, Ms. Rosie, and he will make new friends as well! He just stared at me with this blank look on his face. I put everything away and told him I would be back later and to have fun! When I was walking out the door I turned back to wave, (honestly, one should never do this, because you get the last image stuck in your head) and he was standing there with still a blank/terrified look on his face. Looking right at me! Seriously, why did I have to turn around! The good news about the morning is that he didn't cry when I left him! Thankfully, he just stared at me with a look of are you really going to leave me here! I will definitely take that over last year, when I dropped him off for the first day. I literally had to peel him off of me and left him screaming and crying! So, blank stare...I will take it!! Over the week he has seemed to become adjusted to his new teacher and friends! They have a computer in their classroom now and he loves it! Ms. Rosie said he is a whiz at it! They have also been painting with fruit and creating designs with puff paint! I think Joshua is adjusting well and since he is the oldest he can show the others the ropes of The Turtle Class!!



No comments: