Monday, August 29, 2011

Family Visitors

The last 2 weekends we have had the pleasure of seeing and visiting lots of family. The first weekend Dan's dad and step mom flew in from Nebraska and Lisa, Nic, and the boys came in from Dallas to visit them as well. Eric and his fiance, Sara were in Austin and hung out as well. It was a short visit, but it was fun. The 3 boys had fun playing together while the adults had alot of visiting time. On Sunday morning, we went swimming at the hotel pool were everyone was staying. It just so happened to be the hotel that Dan and I got married at, so it was nice to kind of see the place again. We agreed that we didn't remember it being so small. I didn't see how we fit everything in, but we did. Anyway, it was a fun weekend and we were glad that we got to spend time with Dan's family and we look forward to seeing them in October.
This past weekend or should I say week, my Dad came into town to do some work for a client of his. He came in Wednesday evening and left yesterday. It was so nice to see him, since it had been awhile. We hung out and talked, grilled out and even made a trip to Cabella's. My brother, Chad, also came in from Dallas, for a short visit. Jan, my step mom was unable to make it, but she was greatly missed and hopefully we can get down there sometime soon.
This coming weekend is labor day weekend, and as tradition my mom and step dad will be coming in for all the birthdays that happen between Aug 31st and Sept. 15th. We do this every year. This year, my sister and her husband, Jason and my little niece Tenley will be joining us. We are going to have a full house, but it will be so much fun! I think my sister is going to get her Thursday night, so I will get to spend some time with them before the craziness starts. Everyone will be staying at our house, so it is sure to be great fun! Oh, and not to mention that Saturday is the start of LONGHORN FOOTBALL!!! This is the start of my favorite time of year!!!

So, I just wanted to give a little recap of what our weekends and weeks have been like! I hope to squeeze in one more post before the weekend, but I am not promising anything!!



No comments: