Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired"

I know this blog is supposed to be all about our family and what we have been up to and all the happy times that we have, but reality is reality and even though (thankfully) we have more happy times to post about than bad, I just need to get something off my chest!

Joshua has been in daycare part-time 5 days a week for about a month now and has been sick 3 times. First it was roseola, then a couple of weeks ago he had some sort of daycare virus, that caused him to have a super high fever and ulcers all in his throat. I thought it was the flu, but the doctor tested him for that and strep and both test came back negative, so she rattled off some common daycare virus and told me that we just had to wait it out. Then today, I got a call saying that he had a low grade fever and because it was at the "mark" of 100.4 that it was policy that I come and pick him up. They said he was being very clingy and wanted to sleep. So far tonight, he hasn't shown any signs of anything, nor has his fever spiked at all. Seriously, how many common daycare/childhood virus can there be and if they are so common how come the ones that my child is getting I have never heard of nor has anyone else that I have asked. I feel sorry for the little guy. He want eat or sleep and the minute he starts getting back to normal, BAM! another virus. I just don't know how much more this little guy can handle, he hasn't been himself in over a month and I am about to go insane with all these doctor's visits and being off work and on and on and on. Don't get me wrong, I would do anything for Joshua and none of these are a problem, except that I want my old Joshua back. I want him to start feeling better and be back to his old carefree self. This past month has been exhausting to say the least and I just don't know about this daycare thing, I am starting to think he will never get back to his old self. I know this is helping him build his immune system and such, but it is definitely taking a toll on all of us. Especially Joshua! OK, well that is enough, I just wanted to be blunt and give the reality of our last month since we have started daycare. Hopefully, my little man will be getting these viruses over with, so then he will begin to get back to his old self and then mommy can begin to distress!!!!

1 comment:

Graham and Storey said...

I'm sorry, sweet Alicia! You are such a good Momma!