Friday, April 2, 2010

Talk About Reassurance...


On Thursday, Joshua had a class egg hunt and Easter Party. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend and help with the festivities. Everyone had a wonderful time, but there were a couple of moments on the playground that made my heart shine and make me one proud momma!!

He had picked up a few eggs and put them in his bucket, and then when one of his friends only had one or two eggs in her basket, he took some eggs out of his bucket and gave them to her. Now, I know that he probably didn't do it because he "noticed" she didn't have as many as he did, but he still shared his eggs with his friend(proud moment # 1)! One of his teachers saw him do that and started telling me how he really likes to share and help others out during the day. How she knows that he is going to go far in life and how she thinks he might be a mathematician because he is always, always counting(proud moment #2)! I was speechless, not because I wasn't proud, but because it let me know that Dan and I must be doing something right. You see, just like any parent, Dan and I sometimes doubt our ability to be a parent at some point in time and it is always good to hear from other people outside your family how your child behaves and acts. I know Joshua is not an angel all the time despite what the grandparents may think...ha ha! It is good to know that how we are raising him is being reflected in the world! His teacher also said that he is the leader of the pack and is always on the go. One of the parents asked me, "Do you ever just look at Joshua and say, now that is a cool kid?" I laughed and said well of course! She told me that every time she sees Joshua, she thinks to herself, Joshua is just cool! Lol! Well, I am glad my son is a cool kid in preschool! We think he is pretty cool ourselves! (This blog was not intended to pat ourselves on the back but just to talk about how we all as parents need the reassurance to keep us moving in the right direction when it comes to parenting and how I am so proud of my Joshua!)









1 comment:

Graham and Storey said...

You are doing a GREAT job, Alicia! He is an awesome little man! Can't wait to see you guys in about a month!