Monday, November 1, 2010

My Little Train Engineer

This Halloween, I decided that it would probably be my last year to be able to pick out Joshua's costume. So since he is into trains right now, I decided to get him a train engineer costume. I found the perfect one at Toys R Us for a great price. I was so excited! When I got home I was wanting him to try it on, but he would have nothing to do with the costume. It came with a train whistle which he promptly began playing with, but the costume itself, not so much. I didn't push the issue, but continued to talk about it to him the rest of the week, because at his school on Friday he was having a costume parade and trick or treating. So Friday came and not to my surprise he did not want to put his costume on! I didn't want to ruin it, so I asked him one more time and he refused, so I just brought the costume with us thinking that if he saw his friends dressed up he would want to do the same. WRONG!!!! Honestly the boy could care less about his costume or any other costume for that matter. So Joshua attended his costume parade and went trick or treating minus the costume. The whole not wanting to wear his costume got me a little worried for Sunday, when it was the real deal!


In the picture below his teacher is wanting all the boys to stand together for a group picture, but Joshua was not having any part of it. So, the teacher asked the boys to go stand by Joshua instead to which they did and to which Joshua moved away before she could take the picture. After about 5 mins of this she gave up, but I think later on she was able to take one of all of them.

Joshua and his best bud, Andrew waiting for cookies at the party. Andrew is talked about all the time at our house. Apparently, Joshua is the talk of Andrew's house according to Andrew's mom as well.


On our way to trick or treat! I admire Joshua's teacher, Ms. Maria because she has all boys most of the time and she handles these crazy boys very well.



The turtle class trick or treating!







On Saturday, we didn't do a whole lot. Ran some errands, took naps and watched the Longhorns get BEAT by BAYLOR....blah!!! But the Rangers won on Sat. so that was cool. Anyway, that is about all we did on Saturday. On Sunday we got up and had a lazy morning and then after Joshua's nap we went over to my brother and sister n laws house for some grilling and then trick or treating in their neighborhood. My mom was able to come into town this year and it was great to have her hanging out with us and then go with us trick or treating. She was excited that she got to see the grand kids and be apart of the kids trick or treating. On Sat. I had bought a back up "costume" in case Joshua would not wear the engineer one. It was basically a glow n the dark skeleton shirt with black sweat pants, but I knew it would work because he would think he was getting dressed not putting on a costume. Luckily, I did not have to use the back up "costume" because he put on his original costume. Now, I really can't take too much credit for him wearing his costume. I think it had to do with my nieces Jordan and McKenzie wearing their costumes and a little exciting coaching from my mom and everyone else that made him want to put it on. I was so excited that he wore the costume. He looked so cute in it! We all went trick or treating and Joshua was a pro. He would walk up to the door say trick or treat, wait patiently and then once he received his candy, he would say "thank you". Some houses even got a "bye bye, see you later" after the "thank you". At one of the houses, a nice lady asked Joshua what he was and he replied without skipping a beat "I am trick or treat!" The lady laughed and then gave him an extra piece of candy. HA! Joshua had so much fun running up and down the driveways and being with his cousins. He made not one peep when we put him down for the night. He did wake up this morning asking if he could see his pumpkin, I told him maybe this afternoon, because I knew what he was doing...he wanted his candy!!!


Cutest Train Engineer ever!!





My nieces and Joshua. Jordan was a dark angel and McKenzie was a skeleton's bride! ( I remember the princess days of trick or treating. :( )








The end of the night where all the candy is dumped on the table and inspected by the grown ups. Some of the good candy sometimes ends up in the "bad pile" by mistake...oops! I wonder how long we can keep this up before the girls realize what we are actually doing. (Don't worry they had plenty of candy)




My boss used to take her girls' candy and have them trade it for books. I think that is a great idea and I think that is what I am going to do as well. I didn't think I would have to worry about him wanting the candy, but I guess I was wrong. He gets it, so therefore, I guess I will trade his candy for some new books(after I give Daddy all of his favorite pieces,of course)
No child needs that much candy!!!







No comments: