Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Drive Thru Difference

I heard about the "Drive Thru Difference" on the radio station that I listen to a few weeks ago and thought what a great idea! Basically, you just pay for the person behind you in line. I never go thru a "drive thru" except for the occasional Starbucks fix. Well, this morning I decided I needed some coffee, so I pulled into Starbucks. I was going back in forth in my head rather or not I should pay for the person behind me. What if they have a large order? What if I get a weird reaction from the person? The conversation went on and on in my head. There was actually nobody behind me in line at the time. I placed my order for a tall white chocolate mocha and as I pulled up to the window a car pulled up behind me. I decided that if I was having a conversation about what I should do in my head that I would obviously feel convicted if I didn't just do it. When I pulled up to the window I told the cashier that I also wanted to pay for the lady behind me. She gave me the total and I paid and then drove off. It made me feel really good inside knowing that I did a random act of kindness. The lady pulled up beside me and honked and I turned and she had a huge smile on her face and thanked me for her coffee. I told her that I hope she has a great day! I didn't expect to get a personal "thank you" from the women, but we were stopped at a red light. I am glad that I got to see the giant smile on her face though. Any little random act of kindness can change some one's attitude or make their day a little brighter. You never know who you are going to encounter and what they are going through. It made me smile inside and out just by doing it, I can only imagine what the lady felt for getting her coffee paid for by a complete stranger! If we all do one small random act of kindness, just think of the ripple effect that it would cause, not to mention making some one's day a little bit sweeter.

If you would like to know a little more about the "drive thru difference" you can go to www.spirit1059.com/drivethrudifference.aspx

It really will make a difference in your's and someone else's day!!

No comments: