Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Slacker!

So, I have definitely been slacking in my blogging! I actually have legit reasons for why I have not posted in awhile. Not that I have to justify myself to the blog world, but I still feel the need to give my reasons. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Last week the whole house was sick with some kind of viral infection. It started with Joshua and then I caught it and then my friend, Jana, got it. Needless to say it was a pretty low key, cabin fever kind of week. We literally did not go to school or work for 4 days!

2. Due to the week of sickness, there really wasn't a whole lot to blog about. We basically ate soup and crackers and watched a lot of movies and laid around. Fun, right?

3. My friend, Jana and I have started a ministry called "Be The Girl Ministries". It basically is a ministry to help women and girls find confidence in themselves through Christ. I have not mentioned it on my blog, because it was still in the works. We have really stepped up our work for this ministry, therefore leaving less time to do other personal things, like this blog. We have a blog for the ministry if you are interested: www.bethegirlministry.blogspot.com. We also have started a facebook page and a twitter. We are just trying to get our name out there right now, but we hope this takes off and we can soon be speaking to young girls and women.

So, you see those are some pretty legit reasons for my slacking. The ministry takes up pretty much all of my free time. We are so focused right now with trying to get our name out in the community that we pretty much work on the ministry in the evening after our full time jobs! We are loving this new ministry that we have created and we are hoping to reach women and girls through this ministry. We have so much that we want to do! I might have some slacking moments on this personal blog every now and then, but at least you know now why that is. Keep checking though, because I will do my best to keep you up to date with the happenings of our little family! I leave you with a cute picture of Joshua, because I know that is what you want!



No comments: