Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Forward!

Here are my thoughts on springing forward:

Let's start with the likes:

The fact that it stays light later in the evening, which means more time to be outside and play for Joshua.

The fact that the day seems to zoom by! This is good when you are at work and you think it is 10 and it is really 11!! Love that feeling!

The fact that it stays dark later in the morning! Now this might not be a good thing to some, but to a parent it Rocks!! Joshua has slept til almost 8 every morning since the time change!! I like to call that sleeping in!!

Last, I like springing forward, because it means that Spring and Summer are on the way and that just gives me a good feeling! Swimming, BBQ's, laying out, pretty flowers and blooms; my list could go on and on!

Now on to the Dislikes:

The fact that it really messes with your internal clock. I have been dragging all week. I stay up late because my body thinks it is earlier and then when I wake up my body is like, "are you kidding me?"

Even though I "liked" the fact that Joshua sleeps in, I don't like the fact that it is still daylight when he goes to bed and the fact that he will not go to sleep until an hour passed his bedtime! I really have to make sure the drapes are completely closed or he will tell me it isn't night, night time yet!

So, those are my thoughts on Springing Forward! I am glad the "likes" out number the 'dislikes"! It is definitely an adjustment period! The pics have nothing to with Spring Forward, but I know my last couple of post have not had any pics, so I thought I would be nice and put a few in this post!!


Happy Spring!!

No comments: