Tuesday, April 5, 2011

80 and Flying

On Saturday, my Grammy(grandmother) turned 80 and decided that for her birthday she would skydive! Yes, that is what I said, SKYDIVE!! She has been wanting to skydive forever and Saturday was her day to fly!! Dan, my husband, decided that she shouldn't go alone, so he also jumped with her. About 31 family members were there to support her in her great adventure. It was one of the best days, I think I have ever experienced. She was not nervous at all and was so excited that she could barely contain herself. Leading up to this great event, she was questioned and some tried to talk her out of it, but she never questioned her decision to jump! She had made her mind up and she did it!! The weather was perfect jumping weather and she said that it was the experience of a lifetime. It was so great to see such genuine joy and excitement on her face after she landed. The pure joy was not because it was over and she had landed; it was the fact that she had accomplished something that she had set her mind to. Grammy inspired alot of people that day, young and old! My Grammy is an amazing woman inside and out! She loves the Lord with all her heart and I know that He gave her the desire of her heart that day! It could not have been a better day! I have never doubted that Grammy was a strong woman, but what she did on Saturday just moved her up a level in my book. Truly amazing and I know that she will never, ever forget that day or that jump and neither will her family or the strangers that cheered her on as she landed safely to the ground! I posted a few pictures of her skydive experience. Enjoy!







This experience is going to have to be put in 3 parts, because I have so much I want to blog about. I blogged about her first, because it was her big day! The next blog will be about Dan's jump! So check back for that and then I will post the videos of both skydives that I have!

No comments: