Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dan Jumps Out of a Perfectly Good Airplane...Again!

When my grandmother decided to skydive on her 80th birthday, Dan said that he would jump with her. He told me, "Alicia, I can't let her jump alone!" I appreciated that, but I also think a little part of him was itching to do it again! He has sky dived in the past(about 8 yrs ago) and loved it! He always wanted to go back and jump again. He was just as excited as my Grammy and just as ready to jump! He was so sweet leading up to that day. He would answer any questions that Grammy might have and he did all the booking and everything. He was not nervous at all. He told me that he probably will get a little nervous when he gets to the door of the plane to jump, but he says that will probably always happen. Dan was the last one to jump out of the plane that day and he said the craziest part for him was when he saw Grammy jump out of the plane. He said he felt "paralyzed" almost. He said it was a mix of emotions when he saw Grammy jump, mostly excitement for her, but he also felt like there was nothing he could do if something happened! There really wasn't anything he could do, but how sweet of him to think that. Fortunately, everyone landed safely and both sky divers had a wonderful time. They both said that they will do it again! In fact, I think they are trying to get a few more family members to jump in about 6 months! YIKES!! Dan said he could jump over and over again and each time it would be like the first. When Dan landed on the ground, Joshua began to cry. I think he thought Dan had been hurt. That is the only think I can think of, because he was cheering and clapping right up until Dan's butt hit the ground. Joshua didn't leave his Daddy's side the rest of the day. I think Joshua got over it eventually though, because he asked Daddy where his parachute was a couple of hours later. I have posted pictures below of Dan. Enjoy!





Grammy and Dan, love this picture! So cute!


Look below for Grammy's skydive post as well!

No comments: