Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blessings Out of Messes

There is a new song out by Francesca Battistelli called, "This is the Stuff". I absolutely love this song, so much that I downloaded off Itunes! After hearing it a few times and really listening to the lyrics it is a great reminder that God uses the little stuff in our lives to remind us that in the middle of our little mess, how much we are blessed. Having a three year old makes life a bit crazy and messy sometimes and then you add on laundry, baths, dishes, and taking care of a family and I sometimes have moments where I want to lock myself in a closet and never come out. Seriously! God is so awesome, because every time, I seem to have a bad morning or day, this songs comes on and I totally put everything back in perspective and think about the blessings that have come out of my messes that day. Let's take this morning for example: I woke up late, which sent me running around like crazy trying to get out the door with Joshua dressed and all of his stuff. I get in the car and then realize that I need gas NOW and I also have to go to the store to pick up a few things for work. Awesome! Luckily, Joshua was in a good mood and cooperated to some extent. After I got all of my before work errands done in a whirlwind, I was driving to work and what do you know, "This is the Stuff" came on the radio and I started smiling and thanking God for my extra time that I got to sleep, for my extra time with Joshua, and the fact that I was able to get up and do all of those things and still continue on with my day. Sometimes, I forget to see the blessings that are right in front of me and that God uses the everyday "messes" to show us how big we are truly blessed. God has blessed me with so much including this little guy below


my wonderful husband, my awesome family and friends, and the fact that I get to wake up with a roof over my head, eat yummy food and go to work(even when I don't feel like it). TRULY,TRULY blessed with so much more than I deserve.







Here is the video of the song and it shows the lyrics. The music is great, but the lyrics are the best, so take the time to read the lyrics and think about it. Maybe you will like it as much as I do and want to download it as your little reminder when you are standing in the middle of all your mess!


























No comments: