Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Little Chef!



Joshua has been interested in "helping" me cook lately and I love it! Yes, his definition of help is different from mine, but it is still fun to spend this bit of quality time with him. He is always the one that stirs. It is his important job! The boy has different speeds to his stirring. There's slow, fast, and super fast(super fast usually involves paper towels and a clothes change). He has helped me bake many of cupcakes and pies, but last night was his first go at a main dish! He pushed a chair over to the island and asked, "what you cooking, momma?" I told him a casserole and he said " I can help?" You sure can!! We talked about the ingredients that we would be using and all the bowls and measuring cups. It was really cute because he would repeat everything I said but in the form of a question. Once everything was measured and poured into the bowl, the most important part started...yep, you guessed it, STIRRING!! While stirring Joshua had to smell it and make sure it was "mmmm, delicious" I love the fact that he stays so focused and seems to be interested in every little detail of the process. I also think this is good practice for when he grows up! I did alot of cooking with my mom growing up and it was alot of fun! I hope he continues to enjoy cooking and wanting to help out in the kitchen.


Oh, by the way, we didn't get to taste our hard work, because this casserole has to sit over night in the fridge. We will get to eat it tonight though! It is chicken enchilada casserole and I will be more than happy to send you the recipe if you would like.

No comments: