Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Down on the Farm

This past weekend we went to my grandparent's house for a visit. I always love going there, because I feel a sense of peace and tranquility. My grandparents live on acres and acres of beautiful land. Joshua loves to go and run in the wide open spaces. We usually have a big group of family that meet there for fun and fellowship, but this weekend was all about the Feldman's. It was great! We basically just hung out, ate home cooked food and had great conversation. The weather could not have been more perfect. It looked like it was going to rain all day Saturday which made it super nice temperature wise. It never actually rained, but we sure enjoyed the weather from the "tease". Joshua had his first experience feeding himself watermelon. He has had watermelon before and loved it, but has never dove into a slice all by himself. He loved it and it was a site to see. He actually ended up eating 2 slices of watermelon. WOW!! We checked out the cows and did a little bit of mowing. We also played games, which is always a fun little thing that we do towards the end of the night when we are with my grandparents. Sunday, we went to church and then to a little restaurant called the Longhorn Cafe. When I say little, I mean little! This place maybe could of held 30 people. It was nice and quaint! After lunch we came home and played a quick game of mexican train and then headed back home to Round Rock. I always hate to leave my grandparents and the awesome place that we call Cainan! I love going there to unwind! Below are some pictures from our weekend at the farm. Enjoy!

Joshua doing what he does best, RUNNING!!

There's that smile I love so much!

First slice of watermelon


How 'bout a little game of mexican train?



Watermelon slice # 2, a little bit bigger








Sorry, I just couldn't help myself with the watermelon photos, too cute!!!


Reading and smiling in the Joshua size chair

Giving sugar some love and scratches

He actually fell asleep while drawing in his book










No comments: