Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Joshless House

Yesterday afternoon we took Joshua and met his Grandbee and PapaJoe halfway so that he could stay with them for a few days. It is kind of bitter-sweet! I asked him if he was excited about going to stay with them and he answered "yea", which is his "yes"(we are working on it). My mom said he did quite well on the ride home and was busy telling them about his day that he had at school earlier in the day...lol! I feel lost, like my purpose is gone(not in a depressing sort of way, just the mommy-mode purpose). Back in Feb. when we went on our cruise and Joshua stayed with my parents it was different, because we had things to do and keep us busy. This week is totally different. Dan and I are working and have no big plans in the evenings. So, while I am enjoying my non-scheduled, non-cooking, not doing anything lifestyle right now it is still a bit awkward. The signs are all around that Joshua isn't there(besides the obvious), for example, there are not any toys to trip over, there is not a little person coming up to you and handing you the same book to read over and over again and I have gone almost 24 hrs without saying or hearing the word "No". I actually miss all these things! I know everyone is saying come on, use this time to have fun and relax; don't think about all those other things. We are, but we just miss this little guy! Dan and I are trying to enjoy this time that we have together while we can, even if it feels a bit lost without our little monkey. Last night, Dan and I played the Wii (Outdoor Challenge) until we thought we were going to kill over. It was fun and a great work out! Tonight, we are going to hang out in our pool and grill. I think Thursday night, is going to be date night and then Friday we get to see our little man! It is weird to think that this is what our life was like before Joshua came along, I don't really remember what it was like before him, but this week is giving me a little reminder and I know for certain that if I could, I would not want to go back to my life before Joshua, it just would seem incomplete. I know that Joshua is having a blast with his Grandbee and PapaJoe. I am so thankful that my parents offer to do this for us. This has been a tradition that they have done every summer with my brother and sister n law's kiddos and I am glad that Joshua finally gets to be a part of this great week!!!


No comments: