Thursday, July 23, 2009

Marmalade Skies and Sunshine Cookies


Yesterday, I had the privilege of spending the day with the 2 precious girls that I used to Nanny. They had been asking to spend the day with me, so my boss (their mom) and I set up a date. It was a great day, because I was able to get out of the office for the day and I was able to see and spend the day with the girls. We spent the morning checking on their webkinz(stuffed animals that you buy and play with online) and baking sunshine cookies. In the afternoon we went to a place called Marmalade Skies. This place is great! It has all kinds of arts and crafts for you to do. They do camps, classes and walk-ins. Rachel and Lauren love to do arts and crafts. When I was their nanny, we always were making fun and exciting things with whatever we could find. So, I figured this place would be great! I was right. The minute we walked in they were captured by all the cool artwork and crafts that was everywhere. As a walk-in you are able to choose from decoupage or mosaic art. They both chose to do mosaic. The process starts with choosing your item that you would like to make. They have choices from pencil boxes to serving trays. Once you have picked your item, you get to paint it, then you get to choose from a huge assortment of marbles, tiles, beads, sequence, etc to complete your masterpiece. The girls went nuts with their creativity. It was really fun to see and create with them. They left with some beautiful mosaic art pieces. I am pretty sure I will be making a trip back for myself to do some crafty things of my own. It was a great day! I came back to the office today and my boss, said that both were asking when they can have another play date with Ms. Alicia. Oh I miss hanging out with those girlies!
On a side note: recipe for Sunshine cookies (my niece McKenzie created the name):
1 box of any flavored cake mix
1/2 cup of cooking(vegetable or Canola) oil
2 eggs
Mix the 3 ingredients together (batter will be thick) spoon and bake @ 350 for 8 mins. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. ENJOY the softest cookies you will ever eat!!!


No comments: