Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Extended Family Weekend!

This past Friday night and Saturday we drove about 2 hours to Columbus to get together with Joel's side of the family. Almost everyone was able to make it and it was a great time of fellowship, good food, and reuniting! I say reuniting because I have not seen most of his side of the family since Dan and I's wedding ( I know shame on me, right?). Most of them were actually meeting Joshua for the very first time ( Shame on me again!). It is hard to try and coordinate between 4 families during the holidays and everything else in between. So, it was very important to me that we make this weekend so I could see family members and Joshua could meet and play with his 2nd cousins. Joel's sister in law and brother were the gracious host and hostess and actually came up with this great idea to all get together on a random weekend hoping that everyone would be able to make it and almost everyone did! It was great to catch up with everyone and Joshua and the other little ones played so well together, it was like they had grown up playing side by side all along. I was a little nervous that Joshua would be really shy and be a permanent fixture to my hip over the weekend, but to my surprise he walked right in like he owned the place and started playing with his cousins. It was great!!! He played and played! We left Saturday evening and headed back home. We are going to try and do this around this time every year. I think it is a great idea, and we hope to make it each year!


This is Nana with all her great-grand kids....Amazing!!!


Joshua and Kamryn, trying to get of picture of them together was impossible, this is what we could get!


Making Valentine's Day crafts!!!






Another Post is waiting below....

No comments: