Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is That Snow I See?

On Monday night, the weather man was saying that it was going to snow the next day, and I was a little skeptical(deep down I was praying for it to snow, I even said a little prayer before I fell asleep). If you recall my post back in December where we were supposed to get snow as well and we got maybe 10 mins of flurries, you can see why I was not going to get my hopes up(I really would have been disappointed if it didn't). Well, we woke up to rain which in a matter of 45 mins turned into sleet, which in a matter of 30 mins turned into sleet/snow mix and then complete SNOW from about 9:15 to about 6:00 this evening. This is pretty much unheard of in central Texas and even though we did not hit any records like our Dallas friends we still were able to have a snow day! One of the benefits of working for a small office is I didn't have to go into work today do to the weather, so Joshua and I made the best of it. Daddy was able to enjoy the snow with us once he got home. Joshua and I went out early, because I kept thinking it was going to stop and I wanted him to really experience it. Little did I know that we would continue to have snow fall and we would go back out 3 to 4 more times over the course of the day. At some points in the day the flakes looked like huge cotton balls floating and swirling around in the sky. It was incredible to watch and I loved being able to look out my window and experience God's amazing work! I enjoyed my day off with little man and he loved the snow! He kept saying "tomp(stomp), tomp, noz(snow)! He loved everything about it and I enjoyed watching him tomp, tomp through the snow and try and catch snowflakes on his tongue!! I have posted a ton of pics below! We had a great SNOW DAY!!!

Trying to catch snowflakes...isn't he the cutest!


So excited about the snow!!











An attempted snowman, sad I know, but my hands were freezing!!!!









Watching the snow come down!


















No comments: