Thursday, December 2, 2010

Messy=Learning

Today when I went to pick Joshua up from school I noticed that he had on a different shirt. When I asked him what happened to his shirt he wore to school his reply was "I had fun!" Not quite sure what he meant by that I asked Ms. Maria and she said that he had gotten all kinds of things on his shirt! Red glitter, glue, chili from lunch and much more. To which she told him,"it looks like you had a fun day!" The shirt has since been put in the washer, but I have always heard that if you are not dirty you are not learning. While I don't totally agree with that, I do agree with letting the child explore with creativity and the world around them. As a mom who has a very OCD, germaphobic personality, this is a true test for me. I think I am getting better though. Just last night Joshua wanted to paint because I was painting and by accident he knocked over the paint and the water all over him and the floor. Now "old" me would have totally freaked out and expressed it out loud, but instead I freaked out on the inside and told Joshua that it was ok and we can clean it up together. So, see I am getting better. That is a good thing because this boy loves to get dirty and messy!









Here is the shirt from school. I like to call it "fun at preschool"



He does clean up well though, don't you think?





No comments: